Using Our Wireless Network
Both the Loma Colorado Main Library and the Esther Bone Memorial Library offer free wireless to their patrons. Library users can bring their own laptops or other portable devices to the libraries to surf the Internet, check email, and even use instant messaging.
Most laptops with the Windows XP operating system or the latest Macintosh computers should have no problem making a connection.
Follow these instructions to connect to our wireless network:
1. Turn on your laptop.
2. Once your laptop completes its boot process, it should automatically recognize our wireless signal.
3. Click on your browser to surf the Internet.
If you do not get a wireless connection:
1. Open your control panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet connections.
3. Click on Network connections.
4. Click on the wireless connection icon.
5. Refresh your wireless network connections and enable Loma, if you’re at Loma Colorado, or enable Estherbone, if you’re at Esther Bone.
6. Close all of the control panel boxes.
7. Click on your browser to surf the Internet.
If you still cannot make a connection to our wireless network, a variety of issues may be causing it. These can include but are not limited to:
1. You may not have a wireless card in your laptop.
2. Your operating system may be older and will not cooperate with our wireless router.
3. Your firewall or virus protection may be set up to prevent your connecting to our wireless network.
Library staff is not available to work on your laptops to assist you in making a wireless connection. However, please check with us to make sure that our wireless router is functioning properly.