How it Works
- All riders must complete an application before a reservation can be made
- Qualified disabled riders under the age of 55 are required to have an ADA form completed by your medical professional on file with Rio Transit before you are eligible to use the service
- Rides are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis
- To make a reservation, call up to one week prior to your appointment
- Short notice reservations taken based on availability
- Rio Transit schedules local shopping daily between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Local trips within the City of Rio Rancho cost $2 each way
Rio Transit schedules local (Rio Rancho) shopping daily between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Transportation out of Rio Rancho for medical-related appointments only is a cost of $4 each way
Beginning June 7, 2010, Rio Transit will begin serving the Cottonwood Mall and surrounding area on Mondays. Monday pickup times will start at 9:15 a.m., with a second pick up between 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Return trips from the mall area begin at noon and 2:15 p.m. There is a $3 charge each way to use the service, and seating is reserved to first-come, first-served. Riders are limited to six bags per person, and they are responsible for loading and unloading their own bags. Rio Rancho residents must be registered with Rio Transit to use the service.
- The Rio Transit office reserves the right to adjust scheduled pickup times to achieve the most efficient scheduling possible
- Rio Transit reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who does not comply with the policies and procedures of the program