Go To Search
GovernmentServicesBusinessCome Visit
Click to Home

Utilities Services Division
Office contact number: (505) 891-5020

To open a new account, reactivate water service, or transfer water service please review our Welcome Letter. Every customer must fill out a Water Service application. Selections are:
Residential Application
Commercial Application

Please note, we do require a copy of at least one of the following valid IDs: a valid Driver's license, a valid state ID, or a valid passport with all applications.

All information must be filled in and a copy of a valid ID must accompany your application for verification purposes. Once your application and copy of valid ID is received, a Utilities Services Specialist will open your new account on the day you request.

Returning the Applications or Forms
  • Mail to:
    • 3200 Civic Center Circle NE
      Rio Rancho, NM 87144
  • Fax to:
    • (505) 891-5204

Leak Reporting
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. call (505) 891-5020 or e-mail,

After-hours emergency leak report: (505) 975-1581


A $45 administrative fee will be charged to your account.

Residential accounts may be required to pay a deposit of $100 up front that is determined by a soft credit check per City ordinance §41.05 Identity Theft Program before the account is setup.  If you are already an established water service customer within the past 12 months and have a good payment history, the deposit can be waived.

Commercial accounts: multi-family residential, industrial and reclaimed water customer Deposit is based on City Ordinance §51.12 D which shall be equal to three months' utility charges for a like and similar customer. Contact customer service for more information: (505) 891-5020.

Turning Service On
If the water is not on, you can sign a Release to Turn Water On Form and send or fax it to us with your application, but only if the home is not a HUD, Foreclosed, or Short Sale and  you are confident that no water fixtures have been left open or on. This form allows turn on of water and no one needs to be present at the service address. This form also releases the City of Rio Rancho from all responsibility for any damage done by running water. If you want to be present when the water is connected or the home is a HUD, Foreclosed, or Short Sale, you must fill out a Home Reconnect Form to specify the 4-hour window that you will be at the service address for turn on.

Contact Us
Henrietta Hughes
Division Manager-Utility Services
Ph: 505-891-5029

3200 Civic Center Circle NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144

Ph: 505-891-5020
Fx: 505-891-5204

After-Hours Emergency / Leak Report: 505-975-1581